Official website of the Department of Homeland Security Skip to main content
USCIS I-131A Application for Travel Document (Carrier Documentation) Fee

USCIS I-131A Application for Travel Document Fee

Before you start the payment process


Anyone can pay the I-131A filing fee from anywhere in the world. Whoever pays the fee must use a credit or debit card or U.S. bank account.


The current filing fee is $575.00

You must submit your filing fee before going to a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate to file your Form I-131A. You must bring evidence of payment with you when you appear in person at your nearest U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate to file Form I-131A.

Refund Policy

USCIS does not refund fees, regardless of any action we take on your application, petition, or request.

By continuing this transaction, you acknowledge that you must submit fees in the exact amount and that you are paying the fees for a government service. You further agree that the filing fee, biometric fee, and any other paid costs related to this financial transaction are final and not refundable.

Please refer to the instructions for the form(s) you are filing for additional information or you may call the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283. For TTY (deaf or hard of hearing) 800-767-1833.

Information You May Need

To pay the fee, you will need the correct first and last names, date of birth, and A-Number as they appear on the lawful permanent resident's (LPR's) Green Card or Reentry Permit.

Saving responses