Official website of the Department of Homeland Security Skip to main content

Visit the United States

Generally, if you want to visit (and not live) the United States you must first obtain a visitor visa. Travelers from certain countries may be exempt from this requirement. The U.S. Department of State administers the program.

Filing Fee
Ability to Renew
Can Apply for Work Permit

Ready to Apply?

Visit the United States tile

Related Options