Official website of the Department of Homeland Security Skip to main content

Extend My Nonimmigrant Stay

If you want to extend your stay in the United States, then you must file a request before your authorized period of stay expires. If you stay in the United States after your authorized period of stay has expired, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be removed (deported) from the United States. You also may be required to apply for a new visa in the country of your nationality.

Form Filing Fee(s)

Ready to Apply?

Extend My Nonimmigrant Stay tile

Related Options