Official website of the Department of Homeland Security Skip to main content

Change My Nonimmigrant Status

To change the purpose of your visit while in the United States, you (or in some cases your employer) must file a request with USCIS on the appropriate form before your authorized period of stay expires. 

Form Filing Fee(s)

Ready to Apply?

Change My Nonimmigrant Status tile

Related Options